About Adelaide Copywriter
G’day. I’m Mariska, an Adelaide copywriter, SEO writer and traveller wrangling words Australia wide.
I help businesses thrive with words that inspire customers to explore, travel, taste and cross things off their bucket list.
I’m an Adelaide copywriter writing Australia-wide.
And I’m on a mission to help you communicate with your ideal customers. Your message, your voice – with a little dash of humour and a sprinkling of sass.
Your online presence is your chance to be heard 24/7. I ensure your words have zing, a little giggle and are damn attractive to your audience.
Conversational writing helps you connect, shows your brand personality and makes your biz memorable. I might even throw in a yep, or a hmm or an extended …. pause. Why? Because that’s how real people talk. And that makes you sound genuine and authentic.
So yes, I’m a little bit cheeky, and not for every business. But do you really want to sound like every other business?
Who have I worked with?
I'm ready to help
G’day. I’m Mariska Threadgold
A vibrant, inquisitive, travel-loving Australian SEO copywriter specialising in putting tourism, 4WD, camping, food/wine and fun-loving brands on the map.
I'll use inspirational, Google-friendly, playful writing to get you discovered and turn browsers into buyers and loyal fans.
Now I’m ready to help you
Ultimate copy editing checklist
Get your free extensive checklist for publishing copy and content that connects and convert$.
There's over 65 checks and tips. Gosh, your copy will be so sparkly you'll need to wear shades to hit that publish button.
Oh, and you'll join my infrequent mailing list, you lucky duck you.
Relax – here are some benefits of working with me:
- Genuine connection with your ideal clients leading to non-salesy conver$ion
- Google and people-friendly SEO
- Easy, hassle-free organisation and processes. My writing style is casual, but my project management is schmick.
- Friendly, fun and effective communication
- Inspiring storytelling with a sprinkling of humour and a dash of sass
- Clear cut explanations and communication. I change complex, seriously yawn-worthy writing into text that’s simple and enjoyable to read.
- Effective research. I’m nosey in a good way – I want to understand you, your products/services, competitors and customers.
- Customer insight and industry passion. I’m a travel, 4wd, food/wine and camping lover. I get your customer because I am your customer.
What’s my why?
I believe life’s too short not to explore and enjoy it. (and life’s too short for crappy copy!). My purpose is to help brands like yours succeed by inspiring your clients to get outdoors, discover, taste, travel and live their best lives.
Explore – Inspire – Discover – Taste – Enjoy
My writing style is fun and chatty, but here’s some of my serious background:
- Bachelor of Business (Tourism and Hospitality) – yep, I’ve written lots of uni papers. Reference or citation anyone?
- Extensive writing experience across many industries and agencies:
– Hospitality and tourism
– Wine and food
– Medical and dental
– Emergency services
– Small business through to Government.
- Travel, camping and 4wding journalist. I’ve published travel, food, product reviews and advice feature articles in:
– Unsealed 4×4
– Pat Callinan’s 4×4 Adventures
– 4×4 Australia
– Local newspapers.
And now for some fun things about this Adelaide copywriter. Ok, here goes:
- I live, breathe and love camping, 4wding and travelling. As a family, we’ve committed to going camping at least once a month. Cos the family that camps together gets smokey, mozzie bites, sunburn -oh that’s right, stays together.
- We’ve done the big ‘Rnd Oz’ lap.
- I became a volunteer firefighter in 2004. I once had a huntsman spider on the inside of my helmet visor during a backburn – yikes.
- I can do the heavy lifting – I’ve got a truck and forklift licence (thanks to SA Country Fire Service). And sometimes I need them just for a trip to Woolies.
- OK – guilty as charged. As a Hotel Management Lecturer, I had a big bias. The patisserie students were my favourite – “Ooh, what’s that little chocolate cakey treat?”
- We spent six years in the Snowy Mountains of NSW to get a snow and ski fix. We’re now back in South Australia. Definitely no snow – but we have the Ice Arena …and snow cones …and Snowtown (?) 😊.
- I love sweet treats, coffee and great Aussie wine. And that’s why I love writing for our talented Australian gourmet crafters.
Yes, please. I love camping, 4wding and exploring this big brown (and green, and blue, and sandy) land.
My favourite support crew – Mark and Jayden
Recharging my copywriting creative juice
Here’s what one of my lovely clients said about me.
To read more feedback, head to my Testimonials page.
Enough about me – I wanna know about you.
Ready to copywrite right?
Or call me 0478 518 444
I don’t just talk the talk – I walk the Oz explorer and off-road travelling walk.
Check out our camping and 4WD travel adventures on YouTube
(Please press pause and allow a minute to render for best full-screen viewing – and you only want the best)